The students learned many new things including:
- How to walk in a line
- Where to put their shoes, lunch bags and backpacks
- How to sign in on the Smart Board
- How to use a glue stick
- All the procedures for using the kindergarten bathroom
- Where to line up for recess
- The playground rules (rocks stay on the ground, slides are for going down)
They also got to play in the classroom and did an excellent job of cleaning up.
Luckily Mrs. Lowe had lots of helpers. Special thanks to our grade 5 student volunteers, Mrs. Mitchell, Ms. Janz, and Mrs. Macdonell. We couldn't have made it through the day without you!
Mrs. Mitchell is an educational assistant who will be in our classroom most of the time.
Ms. Janz is another educational assistant who works with both kindergarten classrooms. Her role is to support the kindergarten student's math and numeracy skills.
Mrs. Macdonell is our school resource teacher.