Sunday 21 October 2012

SAGE 2012



Hello, it's Mrs. Lowe writing today.  I hope all of my room 8 students had a great long weekend.  I just wanted to tell you a bit about what I was doing on Friday.



On Friday, all of the teachers in Manitoba participated in SAGE (Special Area Groups of Educators). I chose to go to an event called Embracing the Edge. The whole day was focused on technology!




We started the day with a talk from David Warlick. He was an amazing speaker and made me feel really motivated to continue to help my students to adopt a "Learning Lifestyle."



Today, it is not just about Literacy, Learning
But, "Learning Literacy,"
Not just about Literacy Skills,
But, "Literacy Habits,"
Not just about Lifelong Learning,
But, it is a "Learning Lifestyle"
 - David Warlick


In the morning I went to a session on blogging. Erin Malkoski and Leslie Dent did a fantastic job of teaching us all about how to use blogging in our classrooms. I got some great tips and made some excellent connections with other blogging teachers.

You can check out their classroom blogs here:




In the afternoon I attended sessions on "Putting the Love in I Love to Read Month" and "iPhonology." I learned about some great new apps, tools and websites.  I also got some great tips on how to take better photos with my iPhone. 


Source


It was a really fun day and I learned many new things.  I missed my students and can't wait to see them on Monday!

No comments: