Thursday 15 November 2012

Vincent van Gogh

A few days ago Mrs. Lowe opened a new painting centre. We have been painting lots and lots of pictures. Mrs. Lowe suggested we should add titles to our paintings like Vincent van Gogh did. She showed us some of his paintings.
Sunflowers

Starry Starry Night

We also read a book about van Gogh. We learned that when he was alive nobody really liked his paintings and he felt really sad. One time he even cut off his own ear. People thought he was a weirdo.

He died when he was only 37 but he painted over 1500 paintings before then.

After he died he got very popular and people started to love his paintings and now they are in museums.

Today we painted our own sunflowers. We are going to add them to a background. We can't wait to show you the finished product during conferences!





Here is our finished product!



I like his painting of sunflowers - Mercedez
I love his pictures - Abigail
I like his picture of Starry Starry Night - Krystal
If I saw Vincent I would ask him "Why did you cut off your ear?" - Kyran
I thought it was a little funny and sad that he cut off his ear - Oliver
I thought his picture of Starry Starry Night was pretty - Piper

No comments: