Monday 5 November 2012

Polar Bears Part 2

Hello Readers, it's Mrs. Lowe again! I was really hoping to Skype with my students from Churchill but it just didn't work out so I thought I'd post a little recap here.

I arrived in Churchill on Friday morning. My good friends picked me up at the airport and we went for lunch. After lunch we went to "The Complex." Inside is their school (K-12), the library, the hospital, a swimming pool, curling rink, hockey rink and an enormous indoor playground.




On Saturday we toured around the town and saw the Hudson's Bay, the port, the train station, and a really neat museum.

Mrs. Lowe at Hudson's Bay
Inukshuk like the one in our Learning Circle



Sunday we finally got to go on a Tundra Buggy! It felt really cold to me but our guide told us it was actually pretty warm for the bears. We saw lots of bears, a mink, and a beautiful sunset!

The Polar Bears can reach right up to the windows!



Driving the Tundra Buggy



It was a fantastic trip and I learned so much. I really enjoyed showing some of the photos to my students and teaching them all of the new things I learned about Polar Bears and the Tundra.



2 comments:

Elisha said...

Sounds like you had a beary fun time. :)

Mrs. Lowe said...

Thank you for the nice comment. I did have a "beary" good time!