Tuesday 7 January 2014

The Lost Mitten and a Dance-a-thon!

This week we read a story called "The Mitten." We read it three times. We even watched a video.



Today we had fun making a play of "The Mitten". Some kids got to be the actors and some kids were the audience. Then we switched.

Leah and Ethan were the photographers.





This was the part where the bear sneezed and the animals went flying in all directions!
Here's what the kids had to say about the play:

I was the bunny - Gabriel
I was the owl - Caleb
I was the mole and I got to be Nicki. My favourite part was when I was throwing the mitten in the air.  - Ellie
My favourite part was when the bear said "Aaachoo!" and I was the hedgehog. -Leah
I was the bear. - Ken
My favourite part was when everyone was jumping. - Journey
I like the part when we all fly in the sky when the bear sneezed and I was the fox - Essence.
I loved how the mitten went flying in the air. - Autumn
I want to do a play like the book. - Jericho
I like when everyone got scared of my talons. - Chase
I liked being the hedgehog. - Ethan
I liked when I was the mouse and I made the bear sneeze. -Bryce

In the afternoon we has some special guests. A dance group from Lincoln Middle School came and performed two dances for us. They were visiting to help promote a fundraiser that our school will be doing to support the Heart and Stroke Foundation.

In the month of January, each class will be learning and performing a dance. The students are encouraged to get pledges to raise money. All of the information is included in the package that went home today.



Brianne is organizing this event for our school. She is wearing the t-shirt that we'll all be receiving for participating. 


They danced really nice - Autumn
They did pretty dances and I wish I could do it - Cassie
They put their legs up - Journey
They were awesome at the dancing and I really liked it - Leah
When they were dancing I heard the song and it was nice - Jericho
I liked it - Ken
I liked the Jingle Bells one - Chase
I liked their shirts - Ellie





No comments: