Monday 8 April 2013

Yoga

Today we had a guest from The Integrated Arts program. Her name is Laura Kolisnyk and she is going to teach us YOGA!

She taught us some relaxing poses and some balancing poses. Today we learned that many of the yoga poses have animal names including: eagle, polar bear, pelican, and stork.

We were all excited to use our very own mats.

Filling up our bellies with air. 

Tree pose.


Branches reaching to the sky.




Balancing poses.
We are looking forward to Laura's next visit.

Have you ever tried yoga?
What's your favourite pose?

3 comments:

Stevenson School said...

Dear Room 8,
I love yoga! I am so glad you're experiencing it. One of my favourite poses is downward dog. It's difficult to hold and remember to breathe!

Ms Couch said...

Dear Room 8,
I love yoga! I am so glad you are getting the chance to try it. Yoga is something you can do as a kid and as an adult too. My favourite pose is one called "Queen's Chair". I will come show it to you in your classroom.

Mrs. Lowe said...

Thank you for the beautiful comment. We are excited for you to come and teach us the "Queen's Chair" pose!

Love Room 8