Saturday 27 April 2013

Kid Blogs

It's Mrs. Lowe writing today:

This week, several students in my class expressed interest in creating their own blogs. Luckily, I have seen several examples of safe and simple blogging for students on Ms. Cassidy and Ms. Malkoske's class blogs.

Their students have accounts on Kidblogs.org. This platform allows students to write their own blog posts and then submit them to me for approval. All of the blog posts and comments are routed for the teacher before they are published. I will check to make sure blog posts and comments are safe.



I feel like my students are ready for this independence because of the blogging we have been doing together since September. The students have learned about being safe by never including their names with their photos, never using their last names or details about where they live or where they will be at a  specific time.

The students are beginning to understand that their words will be read by many other people and they should only post work they are proud of.



I am so proud of my students and how their writing has progressed this year. I am also proud of the responsible digital citizens they are becoming.

You can see their blogs here.

Please feel free to read and comment on their blogs (using first names only please).






2 comments:

Jim - Aaliyah's das said...

It's nice to see how kids start blogging. Its a great form of expressing their opinion on things and expressing how they feel. I tried blogging before its definitely a fun activity and a nice thing to learn at a very young age. Keep it up

Jim - Aaliyah's das said...

It's nice to see how kids start blogging. Its a great form of expressing their opinion on things and expressing how they feel. I tried blogging before its definitely a fun activity and a nice thing to learn at a very young age. Keep it up