Monday 25 February 2013

Regie Routman Part 1

Hello Readers,

It's Mrs. Lowe writing tonight.

I am excited to announce that I have been given an amazing opportunity for learning. For the next three mornings I will be traveling to Strathmillan School to observe Regie Routman teaching writing in a Kindergarten classroom.

Regie Routman is an internationally respected author and educator. She has written many books on teaching reading and writing. Her current work involves coaching teachers and principals though residencies in schools.

Over the past two years, the staff of Stevenson School have been reading Regie's books, watching videos of her teaching, reflecting on our teaching and beliefs, and improving our skills as teachers of reading and writing.




I am excited to share this opportunity with all of you through our blog. Be sure to check back for updates.

If you want to learn more about Regie Routman, you can visit her website here.

4 comments:

Ms Couch said...

I am excited to be at the Regie Routman Residency along with Mrs. Lowe. We are both learning how we can be better teachers of reading and writing. We know that the better we read, the better we become at writing; and the better we write, the better we become at reading. We know that writing is hard work and we have to dedicate time for it every day.

Unknown said...

Connie, I am sure you are finding your time with Regie very informative! Looking forward to hearing how your sessions went! I started my Blog page tonight using blogger....not as nice as yours but it is a start...not posting anything yet or even letting parents know as I am not totally satisfied with it....if you want to see it and give me some advice I would appreciate it! allstarkindergarten.blogspot.ca
TTYS Stacy Bruce

Mrs. Lowe said...

Stacy, I am so excited to hear that you've started your blog! My best advice is to visit other kindergarten blogs and see what parts you like. Make a note of things you'd like to add to your blog and I can help you out. The blogs we follow on the right side of the screen are great places to get ideas.
If you want to get together in the next couple weeks I can help you get things up and running. You might want to introduce the idea to parents at conferences :)

Mrs. Lowe said...

Thanks for the comment Mrs. Couch. I'm glad we get to experience this together!