Thursday 24 January 2013

Duct Tape Challenge

This week we have been participating in the Duct Tape Challenge.  Mrs. Lowe found out about it on Twitter.  It was our challenge to make things out of duct tape.

If you're on Twitter you can check out some of the things other classes did by searching #ducktapechallenge or #ducttapechallenge

Throughout the week we did experiments with different kinds of tape to see which was the strongest. We also tried using different types of tapes for jobs around the classroom.

We also watched a youtube video that taught us how to tear the duct tape off of the roll.

Today we worked with our grade 4/5 buddies to draw the design we were going to make. Then we made our designs with paper and duct tape. We had to work together with our buddies.


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Free slideshow design made with Smilebox

It was great but I think my buddy should have drawn a picture first before he put the tape on the paper. KN

I liked my purse. It was very strong.  JK

It was fun making the flower with my buddy. KC

I liked my crown that Sarah made me and I helped her cut it. DA

I liked that we didn't have to work by ourselves. BN

I liked making my purse with my buddy. AD

I liked how my reading buddy wrote my name and put a heart. MS

I liked making the bracelet. KH

I liked making clothes with my reading buddy. JJ

I liked making a purse and a tiara with my buddy. PT

I liked my backpack! KE

I liked my bag that my reading buddy made. AC

2 comments:

Ms Couch said...

This is so interesting to see all the different uses there are for duct tape! It is great to see how happy everyone is in your slideshow. This is great collaboration!

Mrs. Lowe said...

Thank you for your message Mrs. Couch. The duct tape challenge was fun and thanks for commenting on our blog.